RUPCOs HomeOwnership Center is looking for a special person to round out out team of housing counseling professionals. The Housing Counselor reports directly to RUPCO’s Homeownership Center Manager. This is a temporary (approximately 18 months) full-time position, 35 hours per week.
- Responsible to support counseling services offered by the RUPCO HomeOwnership Center.
- Responsible to conduct an initial assessment of income, credit worthiness and mortgage readiness.
- Responsible to implement RUPCO’s Homebuyer Education program and facilitating orientations on and off site.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with all grant programs when screening potential applicants for grants.
- Properly document and update information needed to determine funding for rehabilitation, down payment and closing costs.
- Preparation of documents for funding.
- Responsible to comply with all funding regulations through properly documented client files.
- Responsible for all client-level data entry in all applicable data bases.
- Assist the HomeOwnership Center Manager and Vice President of Housing Services in preparing quarterly reports on families served, status, and successful outcomes.
- Provide additional reports as required.
- Responsible for timely return of phone calls, follow up with clients, and excellent customer service.
- Additional duties may be included but not listed here.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- Knowledge of mortgage loan products and documents, detail oriented with organized file management and communication skills helpful.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups.
- Computer literacy and data base experience in Excel necessary.
- Must have current driver’s license and reliable vehicle for travel.
- Ability to travel and attain training and certifications as needed.
Please submit notice of interest (cover letter and resume) for this position to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . Inquiries will be addressed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.