Western Catskills Community Revitalization Council in Stamford, NY seeks a part time Construction Supervisor to inspect routine and complex structural building systems at various stages of construction to assure compliance with approved plans and specifications. To create and revise building rehabilitation project work estimates and to oversee and monitor rehabilitation projects to ensure that work is properly performed.
High school diploma (or equivalent) and 3 years of responsible experience required in the journey level trades or as a contractor in a variety of building construction activities. A combination of education and experience will be considered. • Knowledge of NYS building codes and policies regarding zoning and other regulations to field situations. Knowledge of standards of construction methods and requirements License/Certification Requirements: Possession of or ability to obtain and maintain an appropriate, valid NYS driver’s license. Ability to obtain within 3 months a certificate of completion for lead-safe work practices.
Qualified candidates are invited to send a cover letter and résumé via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
Community Development Director
Regional Not-for-Profit seeks full-time Community Development Director responsible for the grant writing, administration, and daily operation of a variety of programs managed by the Housing Assistance Program of Essex County, Inc. Requirements: bachelor’s degree in planning, public administration, business, or related field of study and 3 years of prior experience in housing and community development. A Master’s Degree may be substituted for one year working experience. Strong computer skills required. Construction experience is a plus. Competitive benefits package with a salary range of $45,000 – $50,000 based on experience. To the greatest extent feasible, opportunities for training and employment will be extended to lower income project area residents. To apply: mail cover letter and resume to HAPEC’s Executive Director, PO Box 157, Elizabethtown, NY 12993. Please see www.hapec.org/latest-news/ for a more complete job description. HAPEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) seeks an Asset Manager for the NYC office. The Housing Management and Compliance Monitoring Unit is responsible for the asset management and compliance monitoring of the Agency’s existing housing loan portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform financial monitoring of loans.
• Develop and implement recommendations or action plans to reduce risk.
• Implement and enforce regulatory requirements.
• Coordinate property data.
• Interact with outside professionals, other HFAs, experts in the field, etc.
• Review, analyze and integrate housing bond and mortgage documents.
• Produce relevant data and reports.
• Develop recommendations to enhance financial and physical health of projects.
• Develop and implement turn-around strategies for seriously troubled loans.
• Requires minimum of 5 years’ experience in real estate finance and/or accounting, property management of affordable housing.
• Bachelor’s degree in real estate, accounting, or business administration.
• Working knowledge of tax exempt bond financing, government housing programs.
• Certification and/or proficiency in LIHTC Compliance.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: HousingPlanJobs@nyshcr.org. Please include the name of the position that you are applying for in the subject line. EOE
Assistant Vice President- Bond Finance
The Office of Finance & Development manages HCR’s multifamily and single family housing programs and bond offerings. BA in economics, mathematics, statistics, business administration or public finance;5 years’ experience in public finance, bond cash flow generation and analysis, credit analysis or financial analysis; and a strong background in structuring capital financing programs through tax-exempt obligations. Extensive benefits package including paid leave, excellent health, dental, vision and retirement benefits
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: JobOpportunities@nyshcr.org. New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) seeks an Associate Auditor in the NYC Office of Professional Services. Under supervision, this position audits and evaluates the safeguarding of assets, accuracy and reliability of accounting data, compliance with agency policies, procedures and regulatory requirements to protect the agency from loss through error, fraud or gross inefficiencies. The position requires: Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting or other related business field; understanding of accounting principles and practices; good analytical and communication skills; understanding of PC and spreadsheet application.What we offer:
• Extensive benefits package including paid leave, excellent health, dental, vision and retirement benefits;
• Promotional opportunity for dedicated professionals.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Request for Qualifications
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE AND TRAINING SERVICES
New York State Rural Housing Coalition, Inc.
79 North Pearl Street
Albany, NY 12207
The New York State Rural Housing Coalition, Inc. hereby invites technical assistance and training consultants to submit statements of qualification to provide technical assistance and/or training services to community development and housing entities within the State of New York. The Rural Housing Coalition seeks experienced technical assistance and training providers to join a team of subcontractor consultants to assist in improving the performance of local housing and community development practitioners, particularly in rural areas of the State.
The Rural Housing Coalition seeks technical assistance providers with a wide array of expertise, including but not limited to: non-profit management; board development, legal services; construction management and design services; development finance; environmental hazard mitigation; real property management; accounting/bookkeeping and financial management; and grant writing and proposal packaging. Technical assistance and training providers selected for inclusion in the Rural Housing Coalition?s team of subcontractors will enter into a master contract with the Coalition, with individual work assignments issued on a task order basis. Task order assignments will be made on the basis of the closest match of required expertise of the subcontractor consultant and the specific needs of the client, such as: years of experience, timeframe product or service must be completed, availability of consultant to complete the provision of services within the specified time frame, technical resources, and familiarity with the subject.
Respondents to this Request for Qualifications are asked to provide the following information:
1) Letter of interest in participating in the Rural Housing Coalition?s technical assistance and training program, including hourly and daily reimbursement rate that will be charged (including separate charges for individual staff, where applicable);
2) Corporate resume detailing work experience relative to technical assistance and/or training, particularly in the community development setting, including representative examples of clientele served (with particular emphasis on community development-type clients);
3) Individual resumes of staff that will be working on assignments issued by the Coalition, including years of experience in the field;
4) A statement detailing the geographic area within New York State to be served (statewide, or if regional, detail which areas of the State);
5) A statement detailing that hourly and daily rates to be charged are consistent with rates charged to other clients, particularly on projects funded by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
6) A minimum of 3 references.
Please submit the above requested information to the attention of Mr. Blair Sebastian, Executive Director at the above address, and by electronic mail to: colin @ruralhousing.org.
This Request for Qualifications is open-ended, there is no deadline for submission. The Rural Housing Coalition reserves the right to reject any or all proposals submitted by responders. Acceptance of a proposer is not a guarantee of work assignments being issued. Minority and Women owned firms are encouraged to apply.